The Bank of Bluffs has been serving Bluffs, Illinois and its surrounding area since it was established
in 1893. Bluffs is predominately a farming community of approximately 700 people. It is situated 60 miles west of Springfield and 4 miles east of the Illinois River on Illinois Route 100 Scott County.
The Bank of
Bluffs is a locally owned independent bank. It operated in the
downtown area until 1973, when it moved into its newly
constructed facility at 115 N. Bluffs St. on Illinois Route
100. Since that time several renovations have taken place
increasing the size of the building. In 1998 the Bank of
Bluffs opened the doors to its new branch facility, the
Meredosia Community Bank, located in nearby Meredosia,
Illinois. Meredosia is a community of approximately 1200
people located in Morgan County on Illinois Route 104 on the
banks of the Illinois River.
The main facility and the branch are both full service banks offering traditional bank products and services as well as technological services such as Internet Banking, debit cards and ATM’s.